(★ 聽對話內容) 本週話題焦點:愛上閱讀(你最喜歡哪一本書呢?)
Kevin and Lisa are now discussing some of their favorite books over a cup of coffee. Kevin 和 Lisa 一邊喝咖啡一邊在討論一些他們最喜歡的書。 |
Kevin: Have you read any good novels recently? Kevin:你最近有讀到什麼好看的小說嗎?
Lisa: I read The Da Vinci Code after seeing the movie. Lisa:我在看完達文西密碼的電影以後讀了它的小說。
Kevin: I think that the book was much better than the movie. Kevin:我覺得小說比電影好太多了。
Lisa: I couldn't agree with you more. As a rule, a book is usually better than its movie adaptation. Lisa:我完全同意你說的。通常小說都會比它的改編電影好看。
Kevin: So what is your favorite book? Kevin:那麼你最喜歡的書是哪一本?
Lisa: I think that The Green Mile is my all-time favorite novel. I read all six books in the series and I've seen the movie three times. Lisa:我想綠色奇蹟是我目前為止最喜歡的小說。我讀完了那一系列的六本書,而且我還看了那部小說的改編電影看了三次。
Kevin: Did you know that each individual volume was a huge success and they were all on the best-sellers list simultaneously? Kevin:你知道那一系列的每一本書都很成功,而且它們還同時登上暢銷書排行榜嗎?
Lisa: How do you know that? Lisa:你怎麼會知道?
Kevin: I'm a huge Stephen King fan. I have most of his novels and many of his short stories. Kevin:我是史蒂芬金的超級書迷。我有他幾乎全部的小說還有很多他的短篇小說。
Lisa: He looks kind of creepy, but he's an excellent author. Lisa:他看起有點讓人不寒而慄,不過他是個很棒的作家。
Kevin: My favorite novel is Pet Sematary. That was the first paperback I ever bought! Kevin:我最喜歡的小說是寵物墳場。那可是我買的第一本書!
Lisa: I also enjoy reading books written by Mark Twain. He is my favorite author of all-time! Lisa:我也很喜歡讀馬克吐溫寫的書。他是我最喜歡的作者!
Kevin: What a coincidence! He's my favorite writer too! Kevin:好巧喔!他也是我最喜歡的作家!
重要字詞講解:1. adaptation (n.) 改編;改寫(作品) 例:As a rule, a book is usually better than the movie adaptation. (通常小說都會比它的改編電影好看。) 例:The film is an adaptation of Shakespeare's renowned tragedy. (這部影片是莎士比亞著名悲劇的改編作品。) 2. all-time (adj.) 最…;前所未有的 例:I think that The Green Mile is my all-time favorite novel. (我想綠色奇蹟是我目前為止最喜歡的小說。) 例:The birth rate in Taiwan hits an all-time low. (台灣的出生率達到了前所未有的新低紀錄。) 3. simultaneously (adv.) 同時地 例:Did you know that each individual volume was a huge success and they were all on the best-sellers list simultaneously? (你知道那一系列的每一本書都很成功,而且它們還同時登上暢銷書排行榜嗎?) 例:Why did they leave simultaneously when I walked in? (為什麼我走進來時,他們同時都離開了?) 4. creepy (adj.) 令人毛骨悚然的;不寒而慄的 例:He looks kind of creepy, but he's an excellent author. (他看起有點讓人不寒而慄,不過他是個很棒的作家。) 例:Let's get out of this creepy room! I have a bad feeling. (們離開這間令人毛骨悚然的房間吧!我有不好的預感。) 5. coincidence (n.) 巧合 例:What a coincidence! He's my favorite writer too! (好巧喔!他也是我最喜歡的作家!) 例:It's not just a coincidence that we both received a threatening call! (我們兩個都接到恐嚇電話可不只是個巧合!)
小試身手 1. The ____ ____ movie that I have ever seen was the ____ of this thriller novel. (我看過最讓人毛骨悚然的電影就是這本恐怖小說的改編電影。) 2. What a ____ that we bought the book ____! (我們同時都買了這本書是多麼巧合的事!) 請 先 練 習 再 看 解 答 ☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆ 解答 1. The all-time creepy movie that I have ever seen was the adaptation of this thriller novel. (我看過最讓人毛骨悚然的電影就是這本恐怖小說的改編電影。) 2. What a coincidence that we bought the book simultaneously! (我們同時都買了這本書是多麼巧合的事!) 相關實用句型解析 1. 照例來說;通常 … as a rule, ... 例:As a rule, a book is usually better than the movie adaptation. (通常小說都會比它的改編電影好看。) 例:As a rule, the teacher will give us a quiz in the beginning of the class. (照例來說,老師會在一開始上課時給我們隨堂考。) 2. (書/唱片) 登上暢銷排行榜 ...be on the best-sellers list 例:Did you know that each individual volume was a huge success and they were all on the best-sellers list simultaneously? (你知道那一系列的每一本書都很成功,而且它們還同時登上暢銷書排行榜嗎?) 例:His new album has been number one on the best-sellers list for a month. (他的新專輯已在暢銷排行榜上位居第一名一個月了。) ※ 小叮嚀: "best sellers"為「暢銷書」、「暢銷唱片」或是「暢銷書作者」之意。 小試身手 1. 照例來說,電影裡的壞人最終都會被英雄給殺死。 _____________________________________________________________________ 2. 老實說,我沒有興趣讀那些在暢銷排行榜上的書。 _____________________________________________________________________ 請 先 練 習 再 看 解 答 ☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆ 解答 1. As a rule, the bad guys in the movie will be killed by the hero at the end. 2. To tell the truth, I am not interested in reading the books that are on the best sellers list. | |
沒有留言:
張貼留言