(★ 聽對話內容) 話題焦點:看電影(看電影配零嘴)
Jack and Diane have just arrived at Warner Village. They are going to buy tickets and check out the refreshments at the concession stand.Jack 和 Diane 剛到華納威秀。他們正要買票,然後到販賣部買點心。 |
Jack: Can you smell the popcorn? Jack:你有聞到爆米花的味道嗎?
Diane: Yeah! It smells fantastic! Diane:嗯!聞起來很香!
Jack: Let's get the tickets first, and then we can get something to snack on at the concession stand. Jack::我們先買票,然後我們可以在販賣部買點東西當點心吃。
Diane: There's a huge line up at the ticket booth. This movie must be really popular.. Diane:售票口那排了一長龍的隊伍。這一定是部賣座的電影。
Jack: Maybe we should get the snacks first since there aren't too many people at the snack bar, and then queue in line for the tickets after. Jack:既然在點心區比較沒那麼多人,或許我們應該先買零食,之後再排隊買票。
Diane: Okay. Do you like salty or sweet popcorn? Diane:好吧。你喜歡吃鹹的還是甜的爆米花?
Jack: I like it salty and buttery! How about you? Jack::我喜歡鹹的再加奶油!你呢?
Diane: I don't really like popcorn. I only like the smell of it. I think that I'll order a corn dog or maybe some cheese nachos. Diane:我其實沒有很愛吃爆米花。我只是喜歡它的味道。我想我應該會買炸熱狗或是一些起司玉米脆片。
Jack: I could nibble on some nachos! I think I'll order some too. Jack:我可以吃點玉米片!我想我也會點一些來吃。
Diane: You're really a copy cat! Diane:你真是個愛模仿人的傢伙!
Jack: What would you like to drink? Jack:那你要喝點什麼?
Diane: I'll have a diet coke. I'm watching my figure. Diane:我要買低卡可樂。我正在控制身材。
Jack: Oh look! We can get our tickets now. The queue has died down! Jack:你看!我們現在可以買票了。沒那麼多人在排隊了!
Diane: Great. Let's go before it's too late! Diane:太好了。我們快走吧,以免趕不上開場!
重要字詞講解:1. concession stand (n.) 攤位;(小吃)販賣部 例:They are going to buy tickets and check out the refreshments at the concession stand. (他們正要買票,然後到販賣部買點心。) 例:There aren't many concession stands in the amusement park, so you'd better bring some food with you. (遊樂園裡沒什麼小吃攤,所以你最好自己帶點食物。) 2. booth (n.)亭;攤子 例:There's a huge line up at the ticket booth. This movie must be really popular. (售票口那排了一長龍的隊伍。這一定是部賣座的電影。) 例:I need to find a phone booth and make a quick phone call. (我得找到電話亭,趕緊打通電話。) ※ 小叮嚀: booth 除了指像是售票亭和電話亭等等,也可以是有棚子遮蓋的攤位。 3. corn dog (n.) (裹著玉米粉的)炸熱狗 例:I think that I'll order a corn dog or maybe some cheese nachos. (我想我應該會買炸熱狗或是一些起司玉米脆片。) 例:A corn dog is a hot dog wrapped in cornbread batter and fried in hot oil. (炸熱狗就是以高溫油炸的包裹著玉米粉的熱狗。) 4. nibble (v.) 小口地吃或咬 例:I could nibble on some nachos! (我可以吃點玉米片!) 例:She nibbled the crackers and sipped the tea elegantly. (她優雅地吃了點餅乾和啜飲了茶。) 5. diet (adj.) 低卡的;減肥用的 例:I'll have a diet coke. I'm watching my figure. (我要買低卡可樂。我在控制我的身材。) 例:The diet meal tasted awful, so I didn't finish it. (那份低卡套餐超難吃的,所以我沒吃完。)
小試身手 1. A: I have bought two ______ _______ and beers at the __________ _________ . B: Well, that sounds perfect, but what I need is some unpalatable _________ food! (A: 我已經在販賣部買了兩根炸熱狗還有啤酒。 B: 嗯,聽起來很讚,但我需要的是一些難吃的減肥食品!) 2. She happily __________ the donuts that I bought from the snack __________. (她開心地小口吃著我從小吃攤買來的甜甜圈。) 請 先 練 習 再 看 解 答 ☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆ 解答 1. A: I have bought two corn dogs and beers at the concession stand. B: Well, that sounds perfect, but what I need is some unpalatable diet food! 2. She happily nibbled the donuts that I bought from the snack booth. 相關實用句型解析 1. 把 … 當點心吃 s.b. snack on + N … 例:Let's get the tickets first, and then we can get something to snack on at the concession stand. (我們先買票,然後我們可以在販賣部買點東西當點心吃。) 例:You should quit snacking on potato chips every day! That's not healthy at all! (你應該不要再每天都吃洋芋片當點心!那一點也不健康!) 2. 控制 …的身材/體重 watch one's figure 例:I'll have a diet coke. I'm watching my figure. (我要買低卡可樂。我在控制我的身材。) 例:As a top model, you need to watch your figure for the perfect performance. (身為頂尖模特兒,你必須為了完美的演出而控制你的身材體型。) 小試身手 1. 晚餐做好以前,你們可以先吃蘋果派當點心。 _____________________________________________________________________ 2. 我認為她不需要控制她的身材,她已經夠瘦了! _____________________________________________________________________ | |
沒有留言:
張貼留言